There’s no dearth of choice when you step into the market for sidings today. With a variety that stretches from the old – tried and tested to the new – avante garde and technologically advanced, you’ll be spoiled for choice when looking for a material that jumps up your aesthetic value. Now, since sidings come in a variety of textures, materials, colors and overall styles, you’ll need to know a bit about the variety existing out there to understand how this critical element can help enhance your home’s aesthetic value. At Hynes, we have guided hundreds of homeowners to picking sidings that help do both, enhance their home’s beauty and ensure their home’s stability. Here’s a blog that we believe will help you do the same.
1) Wood: If you’re looking to make a statement of class and elegance, wood is a great option. But beware, its effortless aesthetics is accompanied by a vulnerability to insects, rodents and moisture. If you’re willing to put in a bit of work – in terms of maintenance and weatherproofing, wood sidings can keep your home looking enviably charming for up to 100 years.
2) Fiber-cement: If you’re not the one to compromise durability for aesthetics, fiber-cement siding is highly recommended for you. Guaranteed to keep your home protected for 50 years or more, this is one of the most durable choices that your money can buy. As for aesthetic value, you get a wide range of colors and styles to play with and make your home stand up to any weather while also ensuring it stands out.
3) Vinyl: Vinyl sidings are easier on the wallet, low in maintenance and available in a range of colors and styles. In short, it ticks most, actually all the boxes on a homeowner’s list and is therefore, the current favorite in sidings. If you’re ready to overlook its low score on durability, vinyl sidings are a great way to add new charm to your home without really stretching your budget.
4) Brick: Even in a fast changing world, there are some things that are timeless and continue to endure. Brick sidings are one of those classics that neve seem to go out of style. There’s one small change though; unlike solid brick walls of the past, the brick veneer available today is thinner, lighter and therefore, easier to install. When installed correctly, with a protective membrane between the wall and veneer, brick sidings can add to a home’s charm for its entire lifetime.
5) Stucco: If you want to give your home a touch of the Spanish or Mediterranean style, stucco’s the choice for you. There are a number of factors that make stucco siding one of the most versatile and therefore, most desired siding materials in the business. Stucco gives you a choice of colors and textures that include smooth, coarse, swirled and even figures. It can expand and contract with the weather that enables it to last over 50 years with proper maintenance. It also comes with fire-and-pest resistant properties. Lastly, a layer of stucco on your home’s exterior will also help keep your home cool and reduce your energy consumption.
6) Stone and stone-veneer: Stone houses have a legacy that extends back several hundred years and stone sidings help bring back the simplicity and magic of an era rich with history. And that too, with the toughness of stone to withstand the elements without wearing, cracking or fading. Stone veneer siding on the other hand, is made from synthetic materials and gives the appearance of stone at a much lesser expense.
The right choice of siding can not only help you raise the aesthetic quotient of your home, it will also bring you greater peace of mind with advantages like better insulation, longer lifespan and so on. We trust this blog will familiarize you with the 6 most popular sidings in the market today and help you make the perfect choice. If you’re looking for siding contractors who offer vinyl siding services, siding services in Ardmore or roof and siding services near you, you only need to give us a call. At Hynes Construction, we have over four decades of experience in catering to homeowners’ needs with the highest standards of professionalism, expertise and on-time delivery. We’ll only be happy to have you experience our way of work.