The chimney is an essential component in a wood-burning stove or fireplace. Like any other structure, it’s bound to have issues that need fixing and maintenance, which spells out the need for a professional. Like any professional, you have to make sure before hiring one.
Because hiring a chimney repair professional can be a daunting task. Many things need to be considered before hiring a chimney repair professional. We’ll take a look at five facts you need to know required before hiring a chimney repair company or searching for chimney flashing repair near you.
(1) Research your options – It’s essential to choose the right professional for your needs such as chimney replacement or metal roof chimney flashing. Research your options and find the best company that fits your needs. Be sure to compare prices and services offered.
(2) Seek out reviews – Another great way to find out if you should hire a particular professional is to look online at reviews from other customers who have used the services of that particular professional or company. You may even want to look at some negative reviews as well as positive reviews so that you can get an
(3) Ask for references – A reputable chimney repair professional should be able to provide you with a list of previous jobs they have completed. You can also ask your friends, neighbors, and family members who have had recent work done on their chimneys. These references will let you know the quality of the service and if they were happy or not with their experience.
(4) Ask about insurance, licenses, and certifications – If your chimney is in bad shape, almost anything can happen, from falling debris, fire hazards, and even carbon monoxide poisoning. For this reason, it is important to ask for licenses and certifications before you hire any chimney repair professionals.
(5) Get a contract – A professional should always be willing to sign a written contract before starting any work on your home or business. A contract protects both parties involved in the transaction and ensures that everything is clear between them from day one.
Most initial appointments for chimney repairs begin with the service provider doing a visual inspection. This allows the homeowner to get an estimate of what type of projects need to be done and the cost. There are plenty of things also to consider before signing an agreement with a chimney repair company, so it is best if you’re not rushed when making your choice. If you’re looking for someone who can provide efficient, professional chimney services or chimney flashing repair services that won’t break your budget and you live in the Pennsylvania area, contact us today, and we’ll come right over to get the job done right!
(President, Hynes Roofing and Siding)
With over 35 years experience in the roofing and siding industry, Michelle Hynes has built a business from 2 people into over 45 people and 19 trucks!